- Diamond – 25+ years of continuous membership
- Calibre Coatings Ltd.
- Cloverdale Paint Inc.
- Pan Provincial Painting & Decorating Ltd.
- Platinum – 15+ years of continuous membership
- Derochie Painting Ltd.
- Foothills Decorating
- Ideal Contract Services Ltd.
- Neven & Sons Decorating Ltd.
- Ray-Nor Painting & Decorating Ltd.
- Real Property Painting Consortium
- Western Painting & Decorating (1999) Ltd.
- Gold – 10 – 14 years of continuous membership
- Cutline Painting
- Mario Painting Ltd.
- Mi-Pride Painting & Decorating Ltd.
- Ture-Art Painting Ltd.
- McKenzie Decorators Ltd.
- O’Canada Contractors Ltd.
- Silver – 7 – 9 years of continuous membership
- Historical Painting & Decorating Ltd.
- Central Painting Inc.
- Earl’s Paintworks Inc.
- FTDRCI Calgary
- Gateway Painting & Contracting Ltd.
- Bronze – 5 – 6 years of continuous membership
- FTDRCI Edmonton
- RBBN Contractors and Painting Ltd.
Why Should I Join APCA? What’s in it For Me?I’m too busy to waste my time going to lunch meetings.
Yes, painting contractors are busy people and these meetings are all about business. We hold them over the lunch hour because we know you are busy running your business all day and that you want some time for your family too. But you have to eat, so while you enjoy lunch you learn from guest speakers the information you need and want to be successful in today’s competitive market. The subjects and speakers are selected in response to suggestions received from APCA members.Why should I talk to my competitors?
Because your competitors are also your colleagues. The problem you face on a job today may be the same one he dealt with last month. Maybe you are the one with the solution to a problem plaguing others. Short staffed for a big job? Maybe he is slack right now and can lend you some qualified manpower. Got equipment sitting idle? Maybe he wants to rent it. This is what they call networking and it pays off.It’s no one else’s business how I do my business.
Well other parties will make it their business if the customer is not happy. That’s why we developed the Inspection and Guarantee Program. It has been developed by the industry for the industry. Architect, building owner and painting contractor get a detailed report on products and procedures used on the job. Unbiased confidentiality is assured because the Association office, not APCA Board or committee members, are handling this process.I do quality work and it does not need to be inspected.
It is up to the building owner or architect to decide if they want to specify the APCA Inspection and Guarantee Program. If you are not an APCA member and bid on such a job, you will be required to provide both a maintenance bond and the qualified inspections by the APCA inspector, which is charged by the hour. You will not receive the warranty.I don’t want my member fees to pay for socializing.
Your APCA membership fees do NOT go towards socializing. All social events are all fully self-supporting through ticket sales and it’s your choice to pay and go or not. These events are fun and we all know that a surprising amount of business does get discussed during them. We hope that you will join us for the annual golf tournament, the winter President’s Ball, a Stampede BBQ, and more.How is APCA going to increase my bottom line?
Make sure you get paid for what you do – use our Rate Calculation, Estimating, and Chargeout Rate Guides. In addition to those helpful materials, you receive the Architectural Painting Specification and Maintenance Repainting Manuals at a discounted rate.How will APCA help me build my business?
People want security. When customers see you advertised as a member of APCA, they see you as part of a group and that gives them more confidence they will be receiving quality standards at competitive rates. This is the very reason why franchises succeed in all fields be it fast food or fuel. Also, when customers see the APCA Code of Ethics posted in your business, they are more confident they will be dealt with in a fair and professional manner. Who do you do business with?None of the speakers or seminars is of any interest to me.
Speakers and seminar subjects are selected from suggestions received from the membership. The 2001 Calgary Trade Show covered the following topics: Code of Ethics and Professionalism, Specification Manuals, Apprenticeship, Estimating, Computer Applications, Waste Management and Disposal. When you join APCA you get a voice – use it. Send us your suggestions and we will utilize them.I work for me. Why should I care about my profession’s image?
The image the public and other members of the construction industry have of the painting contractor business is a direct reflection on you. Do they see you as a skilled craftsman, a savvy business operator, an integral member of the construction team? Membership in a professional association enhances public confidence. Proudly display the APCA logo on your premises and in your advertising. See your name listed under the APCA banner in the yellow page directory in major centres.What do government and media relations have to do with me?
Lots! Do you want industry input into matters such as waste management and disposal, product ingredients like lead, apprenticeship training, payroll taxes, etc.? Get your point across with a professional unified voice. Does the community know what you and your fellow contractors contribute? Tell them about your involvement in charity events such as Habitat for Humanity.I can’t afford the time or money to go to a big conference to hear what’s new.
Continuing education and professional development are delivered to you in many ways. As a member of APCA you will receive our newsletter and information bulletins. Subjects of industry-specific interest are discussed by specialists at several venues including general meetings, regional conferences, trade shows and seminars. You pick the ones that are convenient for you.I want to see discounts and dollar savings.
So do we! A larger, stronger membership gives us the ability to exercise group purchasing power. As our ranks grow we hope to broker agreements that will see APCA members eligible to participate in reduced rate programs such as insurance and employee benefits. Again, we will follow the direction set by our members. Send us your suggestions, i.e. discounted travel rates, and we will negotiate with service providers. Remember, the larger the group the greater our leverage, so join us now.
Regular Members Full members are corporations or other legal entities engaged in the pursuit of painting and decorating. A full member, being a member in good standing for at least 90 days prior to any General Meeting, is entitled to one vote at that General Meeting and is eligible to hold office in the Association
Associate Members Associate members are corporations or other legal entities engaged in the pursuit of activities related to the painting and decorating industry. An associate member, being a member in good standing for at least 90 days prior to any General Meeting, is entitled to one vote at that General Meeting and is eligible to hold office in the Association
* New membership applications are subject to Board approval.
Why is Membership with APCA Good For Business?
- Complementary online training through PDCA
- Discounted rates for PDCA membership
- Network with others in the industry – exchange your business concerns and solutions, share your manpower, equipment and ideas.
- General meetings, product updates, etc.
- When not meeting face to face, keep in touch with other members and industry activities through PDCA’s DECO magazine and APCA bulletins.
Related Industry Relations
- Inspection and Guarantee Program enhances your professional image with architects, designers, and spec writers and brings business to APCA members.
- Tradeshow encourages cooperation and exchange of information among related industries.
- Tap these industries for the knowledge you want or need i.e. speakers at meetings.
- Advertise as a registered APCA member. Membership in a professional association enhances public confidence.
- Members can promote their eligibility to participate in the Inspection and Guarantee Program – A commitment to quality.
- Get your company name listed on the APCA member directory.
Government and Media Relations
- Members’ concerns and positions are presented in a professional and direct manner to the decision-makers and the general public.
- Inspection and Guarantee Program promotes professional image to government decision-makers that encourages them to trust the industry with self-regulation.
- Input to the apprenticeship program to ensure current and future employees are trained to meet your needs.
- Architectural Painting Specification
- Maintenance Repainting
- Unit rate calculations
- Estimating guide
- Suggested chargeout rates
- Online training and webinars for PDCA members
- Subjects of specific interest to members i.e. technical tips, business management
- E-bulletins and MPI updates keep members current
- Web listing on apca.ca
- more to come…